Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Monday, July 21, 2014

Samizdat Blog: How I Wrote Certain of My Books

Samizdat Blog: How I Wrote Certain of My Books

I believe that we should listen to Bob because he has written the books to back up his opinion. He is a productive scholar. His method might not work for everyone, but it is a good example of how one productive scholar gets it done.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

"I tend to listen to a lot of Led Zeppelin at this point of the process."

One of those things I hadn't thought of. Will try it.

Anonymous said...

-- Pace here is good.

-- So is the amount of research time and the way it is done.

I appreciate lack of:

-- Unrealistically fast goals. So many efficiency experts talk about going fast, taking short cuts, etc., but he allows himself to immerse self in material and produce something thick

-- Taking the work as something unpleasant that Must Be Done

-- Setting timers to buzz, or hourglasses (I am fine with looking at clock or sun angle, if one is measuring time, do not understand why the efficiency experts are so enamored of timers and assume speed must be increased)